May 25, 2022
This June begins the Amery Economic Development Corporation’s (AEDC) 13th year of encouraging and promoting economic development in the Amery Community.
The AEDC has focused on some key activities during the business year of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022:
- We work to provide existing businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs with valuable information through virtual webinars facilitated by SCORE.
- Over the past year, the AEDC has worked with seven individuals and/or businesses to answer their questions, ranging from space needs to business plans to marketing their business. This includes information from the West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (WCWRPC) on Façade Loans and Revolving Loans.
- Wisconsin used funds from the American Recovery Act Fund to implement a $10,000 Main Steet Bounceback Grant program. Businesses were eligible if they were a new operation or expanding operations into a vacant commercial space. One of the requirements of an application was an Acknowledgement Letter from an organization such as the AEDC. I have provided 29 Acknowledgement Letters for businesses that meet the grant requirements and 22 of those businesses have received $10,000 grants with the remaining grants in process. On May 10, 2022, Governor Evers visited Amery and he met with 3 of the businesses that received the Main Street Bounce Back Grant as part of National Economic Development Week.
- The AEDC worked with the Agritourism Committee to promote Agritourism in our community for the benefit of both the farming community as well as the business community. In September of 2021, Governor Evers visited Amery as a kick-off to Agritourism Week in Wisconsin.
- Had discussions with 5 different housing developers about projects in Amery. One developer is still reviewing a project that we hope to bring to completion.
- Have had discussions with a childcare provider about developing a childcare center in Amery. Discussions are on-going.
- We are having on-going discussions with a hotel developer. We have mutual interest in a hotel development project.
The AEDC Board of Directors and Paul Shafer, Executive Director, are appreciative of the financial support we have received for the business year of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. That financial support allows us to execute on our mission, “Helping Business Do Business”. The work of the AEDC is only possible through the support of our membership. To our 67 current members, we want to thank-you for your support. To those of you who have not been a member, we hope you will consider supporting us as we move forward in our efforts to build on great things happening in Amery.
Amery Economic Development Corporation