The Amery Clean Lakes Program is working to keep our lakes as the centerpieces of our community.
Aquatic Plant Management Plan
Amery Aquatic Plant Management Plan 2023 Public Review Draft
- Developing practices to clean runoff water before it enters a lake
- Examining the sources of pollution to the lakes
- Helping property owners understand how they can help
- Updating city ordinances to protect water quality
We can all help to keep the water in and around Amery clean.
Do Your Part
Here’s what you can do:
- Aim grass clippings away from streets, driveways, and sidewalks when mowing
- Clean up after pets
- Collect or spread water flow from rain gutter downspouts; don’t discharge to paved areas
- Don’t dump anything in the storm sewers; they drain directly to city lakes and the Apple River
- Don’t use fertilizers containing phosphorus
- Minimize paved areas, which don’t allow water to soak in, or use porous paving materials
- Minimize the use of pesticides
- Sweep or blow driveways and sidewalks clean regularly (but not into the street!)
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard
- Wash your car on the lawn instead of the driveway (to absorb wash water)
Call or mail the City of Amery at 104 Maple St W, Suite A to schedule your free on-site property analysis for stormwater management.